Friday, April 10, 2009

April showers bring nothing.

So, apparently setting goals is about as useful as a hole in the head. I have done nothing, except become more sloth like. Gym....what is that... I actually still have a "Free B-day Gift" from 2008 that I haven't used yet, because I still haven't been back to the gym in 2009. Other failed goals...walk the dog every day ( gawd...poor thing, haven't even managed 3 or 4 times per week).

So, what have I done. I took on more responsibility at work that everyone, myself included, thought would only take up about 9- 10 hours a week, which in itself is no big deal since I..ahem..delegated some stuff to another co-worker (who's position I was hired to do...awkward!)but in reality it's more like 15-20 hours a week, the bulk of which happens on tuesdays. So, now I am working a 15 hour day on Tuesday's, only to be offset by the 10-12 hour days for the rest of the week. But bitching aside, it is a great company to work for, and I am really happy to be back in the fold, especially during these times. ( okay, hint, it may involve potatoes, and rhymes with Prito May). I actually had a great 1 on 1 session with my boss this past week, who basically told me if I hadn't come along, her job would be alot busier and harder than it has been. Actually, she is finding content in her job again, as I have taken so much on and off of her plate. In fact, my boss kept referring to a work/ life balance, and that he/ she was worried I wasn't able to achieve it very well, which is 100% accurate. But hey, no significant other, (and see below), no real social network, I have become the classic definition of the wierd dedicated creepy guy.

Another reason why I thought I would add another random. infrequent post is that I was looking over my email "sent" items, and I have sooo many friends that I haven't sent an email in 20 days. In this age, I might as well be a leper.

Seriously though, it is my fault. After New Years, I decided that my apartment was all I needed to see and be involved with, because hey, who needs human contact outside of work.... any normal fucking person, that' s who. I woke up one day (okay not literally woke up from a nice sleep and wonderful dream...but kind of snapped back into reality) and realized that I am a hermit...if I was to die in my apartment after this post, nobody would find me for at least a month, but probably more.

So, revisited goals are to go to the god forsaken gym (man, do I hate those stupid machines and ultra buff urbanites) and actually seek out a social group, or volunteer, something that doesn't involve my keyboard, dog, and desk chair. I hope I can muster the confidence, as after basically relegating myself to obscure-dom, I really need to put a rubber band around my head and snap out of it. Maybe a lttle less alcohol on the weekends may help as well...both mentally and financially. (okay, next post may be about how I hate revenue Canada, and money in general)

No comments: