Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another April Post?

Hi to everybody.

So, I have actually read over my list, and have started picking off some of the items.

1.) I went to the used bookstore, and of course is was great! Small shop, crammed full of books, some eccentric patrons wandering about. But seriously, it was a good shop, and the owner was very personable. After selection 2 books, the owner gave me a $1.50 discount and would sell me both for $10 (paperbacks, but who cares, reading is about escaping). But, since I am generation next guy, only had a debit card to pay, which they don't accept ( cash only). I told the shopkeeper I would be back, and proceeded off to the grocery store a couple of blocks away. When I returned, cash in hand, the owner/shopkeeper was just returning from the coffee shop, apologized for almost missing me, then related that he had enjoyed the first chapter of one of the books I had selected ( he read it while i was gone) and the second selection had been almost sold a couple of days before. So, lesson 1, peak head out of shell and be rewarded.

No comments: